03 November 2012

Week 92 Colour Challenge

Our thoughts this week go out to all those affected by Superstorm Sandy. We can only wonder at the power of weather to cause such devastation and loss of life and property. 
We are thinking of you.

There is still no Mandi this week. She has continued to be incredibly busy as you might imagine when just taking over a new business. Her priorities, naturally, are to get that how she would wish. I hope that she will be able to return at some point, but for the moment I'll continue to bring you the challenges on my own. 
I'm sure that you miss her individual style and inspirational samples.

If there is someone who might wish to join me in a temporary capacity, whilst Mandi is otherwise engaged, I should be glad to hear from you. I feel that it is more helpful to display a variety of style for sample cards, rather than just one designer. It would be helpful however, if anyone interested had time to be able to comment on submissions too!

Now on to this week!
We have a new month and so a new Sponsor and we are delighted to have

as our sponsor once more for November!
Check out the wonderful collection or products available on their site.

For our colour challenge, we have chosen the colour 
PINK
Pink is a colour that I don't immediately rush to, and when faced with the prospect of having  to use it, I found some difficulty in doing so, trying lots of things before anything half decent emerged.
Chrissie
Here is a simple card with very little stamping, and incorporating a couple of dies from Simon Says Stamp by Memory Box.
I find that the holey die needs a shim to cut through the central section of it, but this is achieved by adding a small piece of card over the central portion of the die, after the first pass through the machine.
I always add some double sided tape or sheet to the back of card which is going to be cut with fiddly dies. This means that once cut, all I need to do is peel and stick!
I'm not sure of the make of the sentiment, but it's from a small, clear set... maybe White Rose Studio, but I couldn't be sure. It's simply embossed in silver.


This is a simple image from SU, stamped, coloured, twinkled, cut out and mounted on dimensional pads.The backdrop is a simple bit of embossing with a sentiment from Studio G, bought on sale somewhere or other, but which appealed to me... I wonder why?
These SU flowers from the Fast and Fabulous set which was a Hostess gift some time ago, were stamped in black onto dark card and then embossed with clear powder. I coloured in the petals quite heavily with a white watercolour pencil. I then went over this, starting in the centre of the flowers, with a couple of shades of fairly deep pink watercolour pencils and then blended the colours with a water brush.
The FRIEND stamp is from the SU 'For My Family' set.

This last one has NO stamping whatsoever and is merely a bunch of die cuts from Dienamics chevrons dies, using up a bunch of old DP which had been in the drawer for yonks. The butterfly is either Memory box or Dienamics... I'm sure someone will put me right!
The back of the card for the white section of the butterfly was covered with double sided tape before cutting the die, so I could just peel off the backing and stick it to the pink section.

On Thursday this week I shall be going to the NEC with LIMette Anne (Stargroves) to see what goodies are going for a song as it were. If any of you will be going and would like to meet up to say Hi, just email me and I'll let you have my mobile number so that we can find each other!
I'll carry my 'Less is More' tote so that you can spot me!

Have a great week, we'll be back with the announcement of October's winner very soon!

21 comments:

  1. Chrissie... I've sent an email to the LIM email address....

    jen xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Going to put my thinking cap on now... Thanks for keeping the challenge going for us all. Jenx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cards Chrissie - it must be hard work doing this on your own, but can understand why. Hopefully you might have a volunteer in Jen! Thanks for that tip about adding your ²sticky" to the card before you die cut.........such an easy solution......so why hadn't I ever thought of it??? lol

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh PINK......this won't be a hard challenge for me then lol.Gorgeous samples again Chrissie, thanks for keeping the challenges going, can't be easy for you on your own.Hope you get some help soon :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hhhhmmmm, pink is not my first choice either, will see if I have any lightbulb moments.
    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  6. great challenge theme - hope you have a good day at the NEC

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab card and challenge Chrissie. xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh no not pink! - only kidding, but this one is more of a challenge to me than the one layer. Thank you so much for keeping the challenges coming Chrissie, it must be so much harder when you are on your own especially as you get so many entries. Internet goblins are out for me today and I can't pop over to your blog but will have a try later, same with the comments box for the winners last week, they are totally superb. Off to see if I can think in pink.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My initial reaction was the same as Gina's - but that's what these challenges are for! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  10. YAY!! Pink, I love pink.
    Though I haven't been able to play much, I do check-in and thank you for keeping it going alone. I know it must be hard.

    The butterfly die is Memory Box - Vivienne Butterfly. One of my favorites. :) If you struggle with pink it doens't show all the cards are wonderful.

    TFS
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wish to join with the other to say thank you for keeping going. As I visited entries during the week it seemed to me that you had visited everyone of them.
    Pink! - Hm better get the brain in gear.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pink!!! I think your cards are super. Particularly like the one with the cake!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh no not pink :(

    I'm going to the NEC but not until Friday - it's my birthday on Thursday too so would have been lovely to meet up :(

    Tara
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a beautiful set of cards! Love the birthday card in particular!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for keeping the challenges going. Hope you get help soon. Your cards are great, but then they always are.Challenges make me think out of my box. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very lovely samples! Great challenges here!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the sample cards, they look really striking rather than "girly". My initial reaction was "Oh no not pink!" too but I was surprised just how much pink I owned so my post is coming up in a few minutes.

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Chrissie - I adore pink so this was one I had to go for! You're doing a great job while Mandi is so busy with the shop. Hope things settle down soon as LIM is really popular challenge. Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is going to be a popular week i think Chrissie looking at the number of entries-Thank you for keeping the challenges going whilst Mandi is so busy with her new venture xx Nessa :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for the inspiration ;)
    xoxo Sioux

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great colour choice l know of a few that will love this as l do great inspiration from Designer Team xx

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE NOTE: SPAM COMMENTS WILL NEVER BE PUBLISHED!

Thank you for your support and encouraging messages. We love to see you on our personal blogs too.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.